Monday, October 6, 2008

new workout gear

No, this doesn't mean I reached my goal of being and staying under 170 for an entire week. It means I was tired of walking around in highwater pants and a single workout outift :( So this weekend I went in search of new yet affordable workout attire.

I knew for sure I wanted a new pair of pants. A long enough pair of pants. And not track pants. Those I have. They feel like pyjamas. You wouldn't believe how many varieties of pants there are. And you would believe even less how very few out of those are actually worth a damn. In the end I decided I liked only 2 styles out of all that they had (they = Target, naturally :D). One of them felt more like I was wearing a shiny lycra leotard though, so I went with the other. They're tight but not too tight through the knee, and then they get a bit more flared. Or I guess not really flared, but not stuck to your leg like a legging. They're moisture-wicking material with stretch, meaning (and yes, I tested this in the dressing room!) I can do a squat without showing the weight room full of guys my undies :D. They seem long enough...though I haven't tried them with my sneakers. I tried them with my fashion sneakers though and they seemed right. The "tall" version was about 4" longer than my foot...so quite a bit too long. I shall be trying these out tonight! Oh, and they're black.

My only top right now is a black wife beater. It's ok, but not for every single time, and also if I wear only all black all the time - well that would be kinda scary. I ended up purchasing 2 tops this weekend. The first is a green top, picture a shallow v-neck and then slice off the arms. It's also moisture-wicking. And $2.50! Yessss. That's actually why I tried it on and then bought it. That's half the cost of my "basic" wife beater! Hah! The other shirt I got is actually a shallow v-neck shirt, but made of moisture-wicking material. For when you don't want to wear a damn tank top every freakin day. Not that the sleeves are very long. I think they're about as long as a cap sleeve. Oh well. This too I shall try out today.

I in fact did not meet my goal of 172 as of yesterday morning :( But this morning I was 172.6. Which isn't so bad. It's 0.4 lbs for the week. Normally I would not be impressed, but considering the last...oh 6 months or so yielded barely 5 pounds, it's rather impressive. I intend to keep it up.

The last time I went to the gym was Wednesday (I think). Shortly after I got home I felt HORRIBLE, I'm talking really awful like I'm gonna puke, for a full 2 hours. And yes, I made sure to drink plenty of water and I even had a protein shake, so it wasn't lack of nutrients or dehydration. I'm not sure what it was, but I directly attributed it to going to workout. Which, as one might guess, was highly discouraging! I forget why I didn't go on Thurs or Fri. The weekend I meant to go both days but ran into a major sleep schedule problem - namely I fell asleep for the majority of the day on Saturday for no good reason, and slept well into the afternoon on Sunday, actually oversleeping and then feeling groggy and lousy the rest of the day. So I did not go!

I'm planning on going today. Planning. I want to go. I want to be more fit. I want to build muscle and lose fat. Heck, I just want to go look cute in my new outfit! I still can't get over the whole actually getting to the gym part. I've been doing the whole keeping my gym bag in the car so that can't be an excuse for me not to go. That's been ok. But to finish work and think now its time to go get sweaty (I can't stand being sweaty or wet)? Just an unpleasant thought. I would ideally like to be able to workout before work. But I need to wake up earlier to do that. I have help shipping in later this week for that task! We shall see if that works.

I'm just full of excuses. I'm way more into this in my brain than I seem to be able to do in reality. In my head I'm thinking, "yeah, I'm gonna go tonight, I'm gonna wear my cute new outfit, I'm gonna do the weights, I'm gonna be fabulously strong, I'm gonna feel awesome!!!". But then in the other part of my head I'm thinking "ugh, now I have to go get sweaty and get home even later than I would be already and I have to drive through traffic I wouldn't normally hit if I were just going home". And that part of my head usually wins. I'm trying hard to go with the first part of my head, though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, Missy, you make it? did you get to the gym?

if not.
no biggie.
todays a NEW DAY and I hear it's still open :)

make it a great day,

Miz., who loves her black boybeaters as well.

Kym said...

I did make it! Actually had a great workout! Thanks for reading, Miz!

Alice said...

Ah I was wondering about this goal. But hey, showing off your cute new outfit can be motivating like you say. =) I got (I think) sweat-wicking pants from Target too. Also black, but with white bits to it. Target rocks!