Friday, October 3, 2008

So far so well

Nobody commented on my last post, therefore nobody gets the 2 points! I know, you really wanted them.

Anyhow, the day after my last post I didn't go to the gym. Or the day after that. But I went yesterday! I was burned out from work those 2 days I didn't go, and was stuck at work late one of those days. Yesterday work finally got better and I actually ended up with nothing to do, so I left early and decided I had no excuse not to go to the gym when it wasn't even 6 when I left work.

I did some weights first. Yeah, I know I said I'm just gonna focus on cardio cuz my weight lifting abilities usually make me sad and not want to go, but I wanted to do it. And you know what? I did well. So hah! To me. I didn't do squats, though. I think that's the one that makes me the saddest cuz I just can't get down. I'll be working on that one at home with the kettlebell for now. After weights I did 30 mins cardio while watching the VP debate. The way they said the same things over and over, it made my workout only feel like 5 mins!

This morning the scale said 171.8 or so - I forgot the number after the decimal, but it was a 171 in front! My goal is to be 172 come this Sunday morning. I'm sure I'm not really 171.8 since I was 173 just yesterday! But 172 could be possible for the entire week. I'll be so proud if that happens.

I'm feeling good about getting into the gym and doing the best I can! I've decided to take it easy with the weights, just do what I can even if it seems like I should be pushing myself more. It was when I started pushing myself to pile on the weight that I got disappointed in my inabilities and stopped going. I figure lifting my not-too-heavy weight is better than not lifting at all, right? And while I'm there I'm sure to get some form of cardio in. All in all, that's better than another hour or 1.5 hours sitting on the couch.

No comments: