Monday, December 14, 2009

10 months later...

As you can see, I'm not the most consistent blogger. Or at anything, really. It's been pointed out to me numerous times this year that I start something and I'm 100% into it, and then I drop it just as fast as I started it. It's true. It's like a shortened all-or-nothing cycle.

I last posted with some New Year's resolutions. Let's see how I did. As of this morning I weigh exactly 170.0 lbs, and that is after climbing all the way up to 180 lbs earlier this year. That looks like I lost 3 of the 20 lbs I was going for from the start of the year, even though it was more than that if you count the lbs I lost multiple times ;) I don't go to the gym all that often, I even didn't go for months at a time this year. I cant' remember the whole year, there were times when I was very consistent in going.

So all in all, I would consider my fitness goals for this year a failure. But I did keep trying, and I am ending the year lower than I started it. I'm getting married in just over 6 months so it would be great to be even lower by then, but I'm (mostly) ok with it if I just stay where I'm at now.

This is kind of a down post. I didn't intend for that, it's just how it turned out. Really I think I'm ok. My clothes are loose on me. I know I'm stronger even if I can't see the muscle. I feel better about my fitness levels now than I have in the past. I just don't feel swimsuit-ready and I would really like to for once.

Hopefully I'll post more than 2 times in 2010!

No comments: